So you know the pickin’s are slim here at the blog when I resort to these “(fill in number) questions” type posts. Hope you enjoy, as a time-waster if nothing else.
1. When you looked at yourself in the mirror today, what was the first thing you thought?
Nothing particular. I pay very little attention to my personal appearance (I should probably do more), but I’m always busy with thoughts of one type of another.
2. How much cash do you have on you?
Going to check … $103. Woo hoo!
3. What’s a word that rhymes with DOOR?
4. Favorite planet?
Earth. Pretty sad if I didn’t pick it, huh?
5. Who is the 4th person on your missed call list on your cell phone?
I don’t know how to figure that out. The kids can. I’m jealous.
6. What is your favorite ring tone on your phone?
Um … see #5. I’m woefully ignorant when it comes to cellphones, and I’m not really motivated to learn more!
7. What shirt are you wearing?
brown with gathers — one of the “summer shirts” I pulled out of the drawer recently, with great relish I might add!
8. Do you label yourself?
I don’t think so …
9. Name the brand of the shoes you’re currently wearing?
n/a — barefoot — but on my shopping trip I wore my favorite summer shoes, my Nike sandals with squishy memory-foam soles. Bliss!
10. Bright or Dark Room?
bright! bright! bright! Dark rooms are creepy; I enjoy them only in books.
11. What do you think about the person who took this survey before you?
Since I have no idea who that might be, I don’t know.
12. What does your watch look like?
My everyday watch is basic and silver. My ‘dressy’ watch is silver too, but more ornate. It’s from Brighton. Love that store.
13. What were you doing at midnight last night?
14. What did your last text message you received on your cell say?
Oy … why do you torture me with these cell phone questions? Okay, I will try to see: Nobody else came and the krishnans didn’t show up. Somebody left and isabel said we should leave and he wouldn’t drive around he just left. Oh my. Hadn’t read that before. Minor family crisis, dealt with earlier.
15. Where is your nearest 7-11?
No idea — I don’t know if I’ve ever been in one.
16. What’s a word that you say a lot?
I’ll have to ask my kids. I’m sure they’ll come up with a great example.
Kid #1 says: I don’t know
Kid #2 says: Ask me when I get home.
Kid #3 says: No? Yes? School? Grades? Powerschool?
17. Who told you he/she loved you last?
18. Last furry thing you touched?
Chili my chinchilla
19. How many drugs have you done in the last three days?
zero, unless fish oil, flax seed oil, calcium and multi-vitamins count
20. How many rolls of film do you need developed?
gee, how old is this survey?
21. Favorite age you have been so far?
thirties. It’s when my kids were all born.
22. Your worst enemy?
you really think I’d post that on my blog?
23. What is your current desktop picture?
a loaf of bread with mice inside. The kids put it up. It’s disturbing.
24. What was the last thing you said to someone?
Probably “you too” to the grocery clerk who wished me a nice day.
25. If you had to choose between a million bucks or to be able to fly what would it be?
million bucks. I have no desire to fly.
26. Do you like someone?
27. The last song you listened to?
Mahler’s 6th symphony at a concert Saturday night. It was heavenly.
28. What time of day were you born?
I actually don’t know!
29. What’s your favorite number?
don’t have one
30. Where did you live in 1987?
Birmingham, Alabama. Just out of college, first “real” job, what an adventure!
31. Are you jealous of anyone?
not at the moment … well, maybe Kate Middleton
32. Is anyone jealous of you?
HOW WOULD I KNOW???
33. Where were you when 9/11 happened?
the first MOPS meeting of the year
34. What do you do when vending machines steal your money?
I don’t think it’s happened, but if it did I would head to the customer service desk.
35. Do you consider yourself kind?
36. If you had to get a tattoo, where would it be?
Hmmmm … on my butt, so no one (including me) would see it.
37. If you could be fluent in any other language, what would it be?
38. Would you move for the person you loved?
39. Are you touchy feely?
oh yeah — I was a 2nd grade teacher, for Pete’s sake!
40. What’s your life motto?
I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.
41. Name three things that you have on you at all times?
There’s nothing I have on me all the time!
42. What’s your favourite town/city?
Don’t have one. My fave place to visit is Europe.
43. What was the last thing you paid for with cash?
Wow. I don’t even know. I charge almost everything.
44. When was the last time you wrote a letter to someone on paper and mailed it?
Earlier this month, if a birthday card counts …
45. Can you change the oil on a car?
46. Your first love: what is the last thing you heard about him/her?
his brother died
47. How far back do you know about your ancestry?
48. The last time you dressed fancy, what did you wear and why did you dress fancy?
Yesterday for church and the annual piano recital. You can even see me in the photo (on yesterday’s post)!
49. Does anything hurt on your body right now?
50. Have you been burned by love?
Now, leave a comment and answer a few yourself. C’mon, I don’t like to be the only one talking! I’m the child who put her face down on the plate when everyone sang “Happy Birthday” to me.