Thanks to Costume Supercenter for the costume to review. All thoughts courtesy of me.
In 2008, our family went to Disney World. It was intended as “the” Disney trip for us; we weren’t those die-hard Disney-crazy folks, you know! In fact, my husband was downright negative about going at all, given all the Disney commercialism. I was more excited than that — barely.
And then. Once I stepped into the Magic Kingdom, something happened. I don’t even know what it was, but it truly did seem magical. It was just such a … happy place. The employees were so nice. The rides were so fun. The details were perfect. It was warm (in January!). What can I say? Apparently, these Disney freaks are onto something. Pixie dust must be real.
So, when given the opportunity to review Disney Costumes, I jumped. I just love this Minnie Mouse costume, and while it would no doubt be adorable for Halloween, I think it would be a lot of fun for a girl to wear on a visit to Disney Land or Disney World, too. I would have loved this getup when I was a child. I can just see me rocking out some Mouseketeer routines in it.
Things I loved about it:
- The skirt is silky and flowing — great for twirling
- There is a soft underskirt (not itchy!) of netting, which gives the skirt extra “poof”
- The black velvety top is soft and stretchy
- It features neat details like the Minnie pin medallion and the included mouse ears headband
- The poofy sleeves have elastic for comfort, and the sleeve fabric is glittery! Maybe it’s pixie dust!
- The dress comes on and off easily with a button closure
The price is great, too — believe it or not, once I was hired to sew a Minnie Mouse costume for someone. I am not making this up. It got to be quite expensive, by the time I bought a pattern, fabric, and all the notions. I feel pretty sure I could not sew such a cute costume for this price.
What about you? Have you (or your kids) ever had a Disney costume you loved? Which character?