Post may contain affiliate links.
Guess who’s turning 32 today? Kate Middleton, or Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge, if you want to be proper. In honor of the new mom and queen-to-be’s big day, here are some Kate Middleton facts that may be new to you:
- Kate lived in Amman, Jordan, with her family for 2 1/2 years when she was a young child.
- Kate was a bullying victim at one of her childhood schools, before transferring to another school.
- Kate’s parents became self-made millionaires by opening their own party supply store and mail-order business. Prior to that, both worked in the airline industry.
- Once in a school play, Kate played a young lady with a romantic interest in a prince named William.
- After university, Kate’s “job” was basically dating William. However, she worked briefly as a photographer and as a buyer for a British clothing company.
- For “something blue” at her wedding, Kate had a small blue bow sewn inside her wedding dress.
- Kate was called Catherine until her teen years, when she adopted the more casual and sporty “Kate.”
Kids, teens, and adults alike can learn more about this poised and sweet young lady in my new book.
Happy Birthday, Kate!