Ten Things I Do Every Day:
1. Eat breakfast. Yep, every day. And, almost every day it’s Raisin Bran. Kellogg’s.
2. Exercise. Well, every day except Sunday (gotta have a day of rest, ya know). I have no love of exercise, but I do have a hatred of the fat rolls that form in its absence. I ride the exercise bike 30 minutes each day, and lately I’ve started doing 30 second “sprints” every 5 minutes since I read that burns more fat. I’ll let you know when I notice that working 🙂
3. Read. A reading stand on the exercise bike is what makes exercise bearable, because that is when I get my coveted reading time. No one else is yet awake in the house, and it’s lovely. I also read the paper each evening.
4. Pray. I’ve been through times when I tried to pray for an hour a day, used a prayer guide, etc. – but I quit because they aren’t sustainable for me. Now, I find myself praying briefly throughout the day – when I think of a friend, when I hear an ambulance … whenever someone or something comes to mind.
5. Enter the Cheerios and Pace online contests. I know – quite a come-down from #4, huh? But, it’s true. I have won $5 from Cheerios 5 times (I’ll keep trying until I reach the 10 win limit) and free Pace salsa 5 times (just this morning, and 5 is the limit there – woo hoo!). Little things, folks – little things.
6. Get the mail. Oh, how I love the mail. I was a bit bummed yesterday when there was no mail. Not that I’m ungrateful to the veterans.
7. Cook dinner. Again, almost always. Saturday is usually leftovers, which may not technically count as cooking, and Sunday is “do your own thing” night. The other night one daughter proclaimed “do your own thing” night her favorite dinner evening. You always knew I was a good cook, huh?
8. Drink a diet pop. Yeah, I know it’s not healthy. It’s bad for your bones. It’s not good for tooth enamel. What can I say? It’s my own little vice and it tastes good.
9. Google. I often wonder about life before computers, because I swear every 5 minutes I think of something I must immediately google the answer for. Am I more intelligent now than before?
10. Pet the pets. In case you didn’t know, we have 2 gerbils, 2 rabbits and a hedgehog. I do love our little critters and enjoy petting and interacting with them each day.
So … what do you do every day?